On my way for a cause
Please go to the GoFundMe page to donate. Thanks!
I drove all day yesterday, passing through the scorching deserts of California, Utah, and Arizona. It was a long drive, and my constant stops made it even longer. I can't drive more than 50 miles without stopping to rest. I strongly believe we humans are not made to stay behind the wheel for long hours. It is bad for the back, legs, and arms, not to mention the mental exhaustion that comes with hours of staring at the road.
What I do during the rest is walk for 5 minutes, stretch, and cool off. At rest stops and grocery stores, I take longer pauses, allowing the engine of my old car to cool down so I can open the hood and check the engine oil, power steering fluid, and antifreeze. With an old car, you have to be on the lookout; if neglected, it can break down easily and be left abandoned.
Last night, I arrived late at Sunset View Campground in the Navajo Nation. I think it was 9:30 pm local when I arrived at the campground. It was pitch-dark. I pitched my tent and collapsed.
Before sleep forced my eyes shut, from inside the tent and through the bug netting, I glanced at the stars glimmering overhead and realized I had never seen so many stars, albeit brightly in the sky, for years, and that has to do with the light pollution in big cities. And before attempting to spot a few of them, when I learned during my childhood from my parents sleeping on the roof of our mud home, I lost consciousness, and nocturnal experiences took over.
In the morning, when I woke up, I bowed and thanked nature, the Navajo Nation, and the individuals who kept the campground neat.
Here is a photo:
Comments
Post a Comment