Help a 13-Year-Old Girl Access Speech Therapy Background story: The withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan and the collapse of Afghanistan’s government into the hands of the Taliban were catastrophic for my family. My niece, Setayesh, used to be a normal introvert girl. During the evacuation, at age 9, she was traumatized, according to her mom. She began whispering her words. When she arrived in Canada, she refused to speak entirely. At a clinic in Saskatoon that conducted a basic screening, she was identified as autistic, but a proper and comprehensive assessment for autism has never been conducted on her so far. That is because her parents don't speak English and they don't know how to navigate the system. They recently moved to Calgary, Alberta, where, for the first time, the family doctor referred their child to a pediatric clinic for a comprehensive assessment. In the meantime, her education has suffered enormously. Because she requires additional support in the classroo...
Have you ever played an instrument for animals in the wild? I did :) One day, I took my Appalachian dulcimer and went to the summit of Mount Aeneas, east of the Flathead River. There I found a group of mountain goats near the cliff. You can't see them in the video, but they were there. I played a few songs for them. Here is one of them. Please go to our GoFundMe page and donate. Thank you!
Please go to the GoFundMe page to donate. Thanks! I drove all day yesterday, passing through the scorching deserts of California, Utah, and Arizona. It was a long drive, and my constant stops made it even longer. I can't drive more than 50 miles without stopping to rest. I strongly believe we humans are not made to stay behind the wheel for long hours. It is bad for the back, legs, and arms, not to mention the mental exhaustion that comes with hours of staring at the road. What I do during the rest is walk for 5 minutes, stretch, and cool off. At rest stops and grocery stores, I take longer pauses, allowing the engine of my old car to cool down so I can open the hood and check the engine oil, power steering fluid, and antifreeze. With an old car, you have to be on the lookout; if neglected, it can break down easily and be left abandoned. Last night, I arrived late at Sunset View Campground in the Navajo Nation. I think it was 9:30 pm local when I arrived at the campground. It was ...
Comments
Post a Comment