Day one, peak 2: Kit Carson 14,167 ft (videos)

Here are three videos from the summit of Kit Carson Peak, at 14,167 feet. It was the second peak on my first day and the most challenging peak to climb. What made it difficult was not the actual climb itself; it was the loose rocks in the gully that sometimes tumbled and shifted under my feet, dragging me down. It was dangerous because some of those rocks were tumbling all the way to the bottom, and I feared that if there had been another hiker, they would have been hurt. Luckily, no one was there. 

Another thing that made it very difficult to hike was the going up and down. I like going up, and when I descend, my mind signals to my body that I am going home and there won't be any climbing. Going around from the west to the southeastern side of the Kit Carson was a long walk, and it wasn't easy. But luckily, it was short. Here is a video from the Peak of Mount Carson. Please go to the GoFundMe page to donate. Thanks! 

 


 and here is another video without me in the frame.  

 And here is a video of a fearless marmot leaning on my cane, obviously in search of some minerals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help a 13-Year-Old Girl Access Speech Therapy

On my way for a cause